Maths and science blogger Merel has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The rules are as follows:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers, the bloggers you award are to do the same.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
11 Random facts about myself
- Even though this blog is called An English Man in Berlin, I am a woman (bear that in mind when you contact regarding blind dates – I am also married)
- I write fiction – to find out more about that, visit madhviramani.com
- I eat pancakes almost every day
- The line between me and Garfield is blurred
- Occasionally, I cheat at cards
- I havent lost the game of Connect 4 since 1994
- I love reading, travelling and eating
- I think popcorn should be banned in cinemas
- Whenever someone on a bicycle stops near me, I have to suppress the urge to push them over
- If I’m at home, I don’t always bother answering the phone or the door
- If I ever write a best-seller, my dream is to move to Las Vegas and live in a hotel suite
Answers to Merel’s questions
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Curious, skeptical, kind
- What is the most beautiful beach you’ve ever been to? Mirissa, Sri Lanka
- Do you speak any other languages, other than English? Yes, all badly
- What is your favourite hobby? Reading
- What is your favourite book? Oh, too many! At random: László Krasznahorkai’s The Melancholy of Resistance
- What is the most recent movie you watched? Interstellar
- What always throws you off your guard? Interstellar
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time at home? Lying on the couch
- What’s your favourite hot drink? Glühwein
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years time? Living in a suite in Las Vegas?!
- Which country have you never visited, but really want to visit? Japan
Nominate 5-11 bloggers
- Physics and Art: Book reviews and other interesting posts written by a physicist
- Kreuzberg’d: One of my favourite Berlin blogs
- The GDR Objectified: Collection of ephemera related to the German Democratic Republic
- A woman’s wisdom: Book reviews, storytellers, life and humour
- Chapter Book Chat: Great place for reviews and discussions about children’s chapter books
- Nerdy Girl Notes: Fab Geek-Chic Guide to TV and other media
- Living Libraries and Dead Languages: Fascinating posts by librarian specialising in rare books and languages such as Latin, Greek, Sanskrit, Tibetan
- Art discarded: Photos of original art found at thrift stores, garage sales and odd little shops.
And here are my questions:
- Describe yourself in three words
- What’s the most interesting thing you have learnt this year?
- What is the most beautiful beach you’ve ever been to?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Favorite film?
- Favorite art piece?
- What’s the one piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
- What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever done?
- Which country have you never visited, but really want to visit?
- What have you given as a gift this year? (yes, I’m looking for Christmas present inspiration)