So Will McNeice over at Bohemian Breakdancer has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Hooray!
The requirements of the Award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
1. Thank you Will for the nomination.
2. I was born in London. I write fiction; a task which I tackle with difficulty and displeasure yet keep going back to (why?). I love Roald Dahl. I was once mistaken by Jason Donovan as a fan, who gave me a hug and had someone take a photo of us together even though I had no idea who he was at the time. E.T. makes me cry every time I watch it. When I was a child, my mother followed the advice of the Lebanese man living in the flat above and fed me a raw egg every day for a year – this was in the 1980s at the height of the salmonella-egg-poisoning scandal. When I was 19 I decided to go to South America by myself and bought the Lonely Planet guide to the country I was landing in at the airport.
3. Most of the blogs I read are fiction-related so in order to avoid being decidedly un-versatile, I’m just going to nominate a couple:
A Fiction Habit is written by a full-time mother and wife with a serious addiction to fiction. She writes with real passion, knowledge and insight about all things to do with story-telling…
And a new blog by Sara Zaske, which focuses on Young Adult Fantasy books and e-books. Not only is Sara passionate about the genre, but she’s recently completed a novel that falls into this category which she’ll be publishing soon. I’ve read it and it’s very good so keep an eye on the blog for further details…